Darren Black

Artwork belongs to its owner


CHAPTER 1
My fingers hurt. I knew i shouldnt clutch onto my cup too tight. My knuckles turn white. The last thing i want to do is breaking it to pieces and spill my tea everywhere. But my chest hurt and my mind is in great ditress. If only i could vanish the sight i am looking at right now. Every aspect, no, every tiny facet of it.  Those dark and sturdy arms folded on the table, other fair girlish fingers knocking constantly on their table, and two cups of coffee and plate put between them. Even the sun light mirrorred on their eyes, or the cookies crumbs scattered on the male’s black trousers. I want it all to just disappeared and wiped out of my sight, my mind if possible.
I dont know what they’re talking about right now. Poor me i wasnt born with the ability of lip-reading which i desperetaely want to possess at the moment. I cant even guess what they feel. Those two incredibly good-looking people over there, sitting by the window. That couple of lavishly dressed citizens. Dont get me wrong, its not that i am against any freedom of choice that allow us  to wear whatever you want orto show off any affluence you own, its just that i get plainly irritated by dealing with them almost every minute of my life.
“Pardon Sir, are you ready to order your meal now?“ A brown head waitress is beaming at me. I notice her blue contact lenses and fake eyelashes. I dont think a waitress should try this hard.
“Ah, ya of course..” I guess waiting with a little snacks in hand would be much better.
“Here is our menu. You can call me when you’ve your choice. My name’s Amanda..” She smiles coquettishlyand leaves my table. SerIously girls nowadays! Can’t they get a better self control? I let go of my cup and pore over the menu page by page. Blueberry Cheese cake, Rainbow Cream Cake, Blackforest cake, Cornflakes Cookies,Red Velvet, all of them are tempting me but all those are included in my forbidden list of food right now. My diet started merely a week ago. Green Tea Cake. Jeez it is my favorite. What if i have a day off now? Sure it is okay, right? I mean come on, i barely touch any sweet-tasted food since Leo, my Spanish private trainer laid hands on my life.
“I’ve no idea if a menu could be a very interesting reading for someone like you?“ A deep and amused voice chimes my ears. I dont need to look up just to find out who its owner is. I can even see how his lips curled stifling his usual mocking chortle.
“Are you done yet? “ i asked. My eyes glued to the page in my hand. I hear the sound of chair being pulled in front of me.
“Yeah, she just wanted to see me. Jeez! ‘Just seeing me’ she said and i’ve to cancel one appointment already!” Oh God, he’s already started and he is hardly with me for 10 seconds.“Why cant she wait ‘till weekend then? We even agreed week ago to have dinner on week end and she insisted ‘oh babe, i just need to see you before sitting my exam’ in whining squeaking voice of hers. You remember her ‘fierce and fun’ themed fashion exhibition exam i told you few days ago? So ridiculous! Fun fierce! I really lost track on how our fashion institutes teaching their student or how does her brain conduct its work. These creatures called women are seriously no-“ My ears prickle.
“I dont remember asking you what she wanted.” I cut him off. “All i asked was are you guys done and thats all.” I said nonchalantIy and  reach for my cup, drinking all the remainings in one gulp.
“I dont recall today is your PMS day?” His eyebrows furrow. Here comes his idiotic sense of humour.
“Huh, are you keeping that in your journal then?” i snap at him.
“Oh com on bro, you know perfectly well that you are my only ‘journal’ in this world..” His crooked smile on display. I roll my eyes at him. His last sentence is indeed an established truth between us. I’ve been working as his personal assisstance for almost 2 years and being Darren Black's PA is basically evolving my life around his, 24/7.
“But really, why are you sulking me at me brother?” I know he is in serious mode. He doesnt call me ‘brother’ for no reason. I sighed. Honestly, i’ve no idea either. Its just getting on my nerve whenever that girl shows up. That college girl Darren has been dating lately. Surely i cant tell Darren that, can i?
“Look Darren, you know how much i hate to break a promise especially with a kind-hearted colleague like Mr. Han..” I speak feebly. This is not a lie. I was really sorry telling Mr. Michael Han that his long awaiting appointment with precious Darren Black had to be postponed due to Mr. Black's sudden emergency situation.’
“That Chinese guy? I am sure he doesnt mind. He is not that difficult..” he said. I’m sighing once again.
“That’s exactly my point. I find it much easier to inform this kind of things to someone obstinate and pig-headed. Since i dont mind hurting their feeling..” How he could build a successful corporation with that slow brain of his is still a mystery to me.
“You meant someone tenacious like Chris right? That other Chinese pig-head?” He makes an imitation gesture of pig’s nose with his eyes wide open. What an ugly face! But I am not supposed to laugh now. I cant be laughing now.
“Hey! Whoever i meant is not the point! Stop it, idiot!” I threaten to throw him my tea cup. “What if a reporter caught that? Where do you plan to burry your reputation, huh?”
“I know what you meant, Bro! Caring about other’s happiness ‘till his death.. “ He leans his chin oh his palm. One elbow props on the table. “At least i made you smile, right?”
“What? When? I didnt!” I protest instantly.
“I saw it, though!” He shrugs.
“You saw wrong, then!” I look at my watch. “Whatever. I guess i cant have my cake. Lets go to your next schedule..”
“Hey, you still can eat if you want. I wont let my employee starve!” He protests.
“Its fine. Seems like Leo’s angels are here keeping their eyes on me. Making sure i dont break his no sugar snacks rules.”
He rolls his eyes. “Come on, dont tell me you’re still keeping your bullshit dieting program. Diet is women’s curse. Not ours!”
“Yah! Diet is for everyone who wants to be healthy. It has nothing to do with gender’s feature!”
“Wait, I think you just cant keep your eyes off that sexy Spanish trainer, right?” He raises one of his eyebrow. Making my knuckles itch.
“Lets just pay and go away from here, Darren..” I try my best to supress this urge to throw a whole table at him.
“Hahaha.. Your angry face never ceased to amuse me, Liam ! Haha look at those lips..” I roll my eyes at him when his phone suddenly rings. Darren looks at it in dismay. “Oh shit!  What should i do, Bro?” He looks desperately at me. I grab his phone and knew that ‘Angela Kim’ will appear on the screen. That girl, seriously! An hour hasn’t passed since her departure and here she wants to get on my nerve again.
“Just get in the car while i pay and taking care of this..” I motion him to to go with my hand. I summon the nearest waitress while Darren has already left to the car. In our cases, sometimes the roles of Boss and Assistance are only a thin sheet apart.

CHAPTER 2
I’ve been sitting in this meeting for an hour. Taking notes of every tiny important details that might be important later, knowing in mind that Darren would be too absorbed to take any notes at all. Almost 15 men in their suit sitting around a big oval table. Darren is sitting calmly beside me. Hands folded and his dark eyes staring intently to one grey-haired man giving presentation in the front. Sometimes his thick eyebrows will furrowed slightly to deeply, creating v line between them.
He wears those black suit i just picked from the laundry yesterday. His grey tie gleams on his black shirt. He looks impeccably neat and sharp. His gaze gives the impression of self-containment mixed with ‘please no nonsense!’ gesture. And those dark eyes. No words could describe their profundity.This is exactly how the American youngest successful CEO  Darren Black looks like in public eyes. In time like this, no usual idiotic chatters pass through his mouth. His eyes no longer ignite those playful beams.



ps : i wrote it in highschool. pls dont judge lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perempuan dan Dialog Antar-Agama: Pengalaman Forum Kerukunan Umat Beragama (FKUB)

A Marxist Analysis : Bitcoin as Capitalism’s Latest Fetish of Commodity

Meneguhkan Lagi Peran Akal, Kebebasan dan Toleransi: Memperimbangkan Tawaran Mustafa Akyol