EXO - Open Arms (A Song for You)

I feel like now i know what happy and blissful means. I was completely amazed by their performance. If voices were food, then

D.O = Green Tea Cake with Vanilla Cream
Luhan = Strawberry Ice Cream Crepes
Chen = Butterscotch + Cinnamon Popcorns
Baekhyun = Nutella Cookies

D.O has this distinctive deep, gentle & manly voice, a bit RnB perhaps. He is indeed the perfect choice for the opening part (as expected from my favorite ballad singer!). What captures my attention the most is somehow Luhan's voice. He is my second favorite member after D.O. I've noticed Luhan's great singing skill since their debut but somehow he never gets the chance to really put it on display. I've been waiting for the moment when SM Entertainment will finally unleash his power and yeah here it is!



Luhan happened to sing my favorite part of this song (at 2.13 to 2.28). I really love the part when he sang the verse 'Turned night into day'. How his mild voice sounds really sweet yet mindblowingly strong. Its delicacy teases my tongue whenever i replay the video. You know i have this bizarre condition that sometimes i can taste voices. It sounds freak huh? I know. But it is not something that i can help though. 

I know some people might say that Chen & Baekhyun have greater skill in singing. It can be seen from how SM always gives hard parts to Chen & Baek. D.O is absolutely perfect for lower notes and Luhan's delicate voice for high notes. While Chen & Baek are both good with either of them. I do acknowledge Chen Baek's high level singing skills. But personally i prefer voices that are unique, rare or distinguishable.

Btw, that part comes from a show hosted by 2AM Jo Kwon 'A Song for You' where fans from all around the world send their video to their favorite singers and ask them to sing a special song for them. It happened that the country that has the most video senders is Indonesia. I am not surprised though. As an Indonesian EXO fan myself, i've always believed that there is safety in numbers. 

This is for Episode 1.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Marxist Analysis : Bitcoin as Capitalism’s Latest Fetish of Commodity

Perempuan dan Dialog Antar-Agama: Pengalaman Forum Kerukunan Umat Beragama (FKUB)

Meneguhkan Lagi Peran Akal, Kebebasan dan Toleransi: Memperimbangkan Tawaran Mustafa Akyol