GESTURE English Debate Competition



Geography Study Club (GSC) of Faculty of Geography of Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta conducted scientific writing competition, debate competition, and national level high school speech competition in Geography Students Creativities Week (Gesture).

The current event raises the theme “Indonesian Youth to Act Smart in Dealing with Disasters" held from 29-30 October 2011 at the Faculty of Geography. The event was held in cooperation between the Club, Faculty of Geography, Ministry of Education and Culture, BNPB (National Agency for Disaster Management), and UGM’s Disaster Response Unit (DERU).

My team which was consist of me and my two seniors Kak Zulfadila Hira aka Kak Ira & Kak Gigay Citta Acikgenc aka Kak Gea joined the English Debate competition in that event as the delegation from Semesta Bilingual Boarding School. It was my very first time english debate competition. As my both partners are great seniors and students in my school, joining the team was such a great honor for me.

I also met my debate trainer a.k.a Mas Kunto from Semarang State University. They taught me about skills, knowledges and any stuffs related in debating during competition preparation. We went to Yogyakarta by Bus. The journey took about 4 hours and we stayed at Kak Gea's house.

We were fighting in the competition for two days. I was enjoying the Pressure in the atmosphere and somehow i liked it. Hence i won't refuse for the second chance in joining such competition. Well, the result was quiet satisfying. We got the 3rd position. I met alot of great high school debaters. These has given me such a precious experience. Wish me luck for the next competition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perempuan dan Dialog Antar-Agama: Pengalaman Forum Kerukunan Umat Beragama (FKUB)

A Marxist Analysis : Bitcoin as Capitalism’s Latest Fetish of Commodity

Meneguhkan Lagi Peran Akal, Kebebasan dan Toleransi: Memperimbangkan Tawaran Mustafa Akyol